Collecting Personal Information
When you visit our website, we collect certain information about your device, your interaction with our website and information necessary to process your purchases. We may also collect additional information if you contact us for customer support.
- Examples of personal information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with our website.
- Purpose of collection: to load our website accurately for you, and to perform analytics on website usage to optimise our online store.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our website using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our website platform Shopify.
Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number (optional).
We do not have access to, or store any credit or debit card information.
All payments are securely processed using Viva Payments.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our platform Shopify and our secure payment processor Viva Payments.
Customer support information
- Examples of personal information collected: name, email address and phone number (if provided).
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
This website is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect personal information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with their personal information, please contact us to request deletion of the information.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your personal information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use personal information supplied by you (such as your name and address) to age verify your order. This information is passed to our age verification service 'Age Checked' and verified against the electoral role register. You can find out more about this service here: https://www.agechecked.com
- We may share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide our services to you, which include: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your order and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
You have the option to subscribe to our marketing emails during checkout and you can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and our website;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through our website, we will retain your personal information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your Rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us here.
Your personal information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our website. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance and social media or content cookies.
Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimise your experience on our website and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Vape Bar Retail Ltd.
Unit 5, Rear of Hawthorn Road
If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Last updated: 19/09/22